Importance of hurricane protection in Jacksonville
One of the biggest pros of living in Florida is the beautiful weather. We are extremely fortunate to enjoy the beach/water in the heart of “winter”. However, with the pros there are always cons. Florida is the most vulnerable state in the U.S. for hurricanes.
Jacksonville has been very fortunate to avoid major damage, however over time storms have continued to increase in size and sooner or later a major storm will hit the First Coast. Building codes in the southern part of Florida already require newly built homes to have hurricane shutters, and we believe it’s only a matter of time before we see a requirement across the state.
Being ready and well equipped with hurricane shutter installation if you live in Jacksonville will help keep you and your family safe and secure during the storms. On top of that, it can save you from spending money on house repairs and the huge expenses that storm damage to your property. For Florida residents, hurricane protection in Jacksonville FL is very important to consider.
Classic Hurricane Shutters
We provide a full range of shutter options including the “classic” varieties such as Bahama, Colonial, Accordion and Roll down shutters. Classic shutters can enhance look of your property while offering everyday use and protection. Our offerings include decorative and impact rated shutters.
A punctured opening will not only result in significant water damage but the wind can cause air pressure inside a building to increase and eventually blow off the roof of your building.
Fabric Hurricane Shutters
We have a strong focus on providing Fabric hurricane shutters in Jacksonville FL. Our fabric shutters are made of a heavy-duty, lightweight of ballistic nylon similar to what automakers use to fashion airbags. This “kevlar like” material is used to shield windows and doors, giving a barrier from flying debris picked up by the wind.
While fabric shutters can be effective protecting windows from flying debris the biggest advantage is protection from a punctured opening. The fabric material can prevent water from entering a building and wind from pressurizing the interior.
Fabric storm shutters, have several benefits when compared to other shutter options:
- The flexible structure makes puncturing them extremely difficult. Making them more stronger than other options, and less likely to need replacement after an impact.
- Because the material is translucent, it permits light to brighten the home. This is an underrated aspect of these shutters as it is very comforting to have natural light during a significant storm.
- They are extremely light weight allowing them to be quickly installed by a single person. For example a 20ft x 7ft piece large enough to cover a 2 car garage weighs under 10lbs!
- The product folds allowing for extremely easy storage.
- They are the most cost-effective shutter protection compared to old-fashioned plywood.
Those are just a few reason to consider Fabric hurricane shutters! They are fantastic for buyers on a budget and our number one selling hurricane protection.
Why First Coast Hurricane Shutters?
First Coast Hurricane Shutters is the premier hurricane shutter company for homeowners and businesses in the greater Jacksonville area. Our laser focus on storm protection allows us to be the experts in the field. Not only will FCHS provide you with durable and quality hurricane shutters but we will satisfy you with our exceptional service.
- We Offer Wide Variety Shutter Options
- We Bring Affordable, Quality Workmanship
- We Offer Free Estimate
- We Are Licensed & Insured